Indeed, customizable, reliable, and a great addition to the social media platform, the time has arrived when you want to remove My AI from Snapchat. The feature came in the last week of February 2023. Ever since then, many users have loved chatting with their characterized bot/friend; it is a refreshing break from Snapchat’s streak-keeping rush. It is really up to you if you want My AI on your Snapchat or not, even after you have thoroughly enjoyed using it. Some users might rather have the simple and traditional Snapture experience than the AI-powered version. If you are inclined towards this preference, below is an extensive guide to help you out.
Before You Remove My AI From Snapchat, Know This
Before you decide to remove My AI from Snapchat, it is important to consider a few things. You can manage specific settings and privacy options on Snapchat without paying for a Snapchat+ subscription. However, you cannot completely get rid of My AI from your chats if you have not subscribed to the premium channel. To delete My AI from Snapchat’s inbox means you would not have access to its extremely cool features, interactions, and personalized suggestions — everything that makes Snapchat better.
It is highly suggested that you try out My AI a few more times before paying to have it removed. Explore its incredible qualities and appreciate what it brings to the table, even if you are not a Snapchat+ user. If you still want to remove My AI from Snapchat, let’s move on to the next part.
No More My AI With Snapchat+
Eliminating My AI with a Snapchat+ account is an easy task. With a few straightforward steps that you must follow, you will longer have My AI on your Snapchat. The instructions are as unfolded below:
- Open the Snapchat app on your Android or iOS device and go to the Chats section using the navigation bar at the bottom.
- In the Chats list, tap on My AI to open it. Once it is open, tap on My AI, which appears at the very top.
- Inside the My AI profile, tap the three-dot icon at the upper right corner. In the menu that appears at the bottom, select Chat Settings.
- In the Chat Settings, tap ‘Clear from Chat Feed.’ A pop-up will ask, ‘Are you sure you want to clear this conversation?’ Just tap clear.
That is all there is to it. In the struggle to remove My AI from Snapchat, you have been successful. If you do not want to get rid of the chatbot from your conversations but still wish to delete the associated data, proceed with the article. Looking for something else? Explore our blog section to find suitable solutions.
No Snapchat+: Clearing Out My AI
If you do not own Snapchat+, you will not be able to remove My AI from Snapchat. Nevertheless, you can delete the chat history without the subscription. Here is what you must do:
- Open Snapchat and tap your Bitmoji profile icon at the top left of the camera screen. This will take you to your Snapchat profile.
- Tap the Settings gear icon at the top right of your profile. In Settings, scroll down to Accounts Actions and select ‘Clear My AI Data.’
- In the pop-up that inquires, ‘Delete My AI Data?,’ tap Confirm.
This will erase all the chat history with the My AI chatbot. Keep in mind that this would not make My AI disappear from your Chats list. If the urge is strong, subscribe to Snapchat+ and remove My AI from Snapchat by taking the steps we mentioned earlier. Other than removing my AI from Snapchat, you can also unlink Instagram from Facebook. Keep reading for more details.
Erasing Snapchat My AI Convos
Wiping out your My AI chat on Snapchat is quite similar to how you would do it with friends on the same list. Whatever the reason behind this decision, following the instructions given below would help you better manage your Chat data and remove My AI from Snapchat:
- Launch Snapchat, and from the camera screen, tap on your [Bitmoji] profile icon in the top left corner.
- Tap the Settings gear icon in the top right corner of your profile. In Settings, scroll down to Account Actions and choose Clear Conversation.
- Under Clear Conversation, tap the cross mark (X) next to My AI, and in the ‘Are you sure you want to clear this conversation’ pop-up, choose Clear.
That’s it! You have disposed of all your Chat content — every message and media has vanished. But, some people are only irked by the fact that My AI is at the top of their Chat list and not their best friend they have hot streaks with. Please keep reading to figure out how you can unpin and not remove My AI from Snapchat.
Learn More from us:
How to Change Name on Facebook? 7 Major Steps to Follow
Unpin My AI: A How-To Guide
Now that you know how to remove AI from Snapchat, there is more than one approach to unpin the chatbot from the top of your Chat list. With the procedures explained below, you will be able to achieve that in no time:
Via Snapchat+ Settings
- Open Snapchat, and when you are on the camera screen, tap on your Bitmoji profile icon at the top left corner.
- Once inside your profile, tap on Snapchat+. In the menu that shows from the bottom, switch off My AI.
By taking these measures, you have disabled My AI from your Snapchat account. There is another way to do it, and if this one is not working out for you, try the other.
Via Chat Settings
- Launch Snapchat. Go to the Chats section from the bottom navigation bar.
- Long-press on My AI in the Chat list. From the drop-down menu, tap on Chat Settings.
- Another list would pop up. Select the second option that says. ‘Unpin Conversation.’
The second one is easier and more convenient for most, but it totally depends on you. Your main goal was to remove My AI from Snapchat, which can be accomplished from either method.
Learning how to remove My AI from Snapchat can let you bask in a more classic Snapchat experience without any unexpected disruptions. Of course, My AI, being a smart chatbot, can form dialogues that sound natural and interesting. Still, these same conversations may have errors, biases, or information that are inaccurate or inappropriate. If you wish to turn off this feature, it is totally understandable.